The Government of Bangladesh has decided to reintroduce the re-issue of MRP only for the members of the Bangladesh Community who are not physically fit to visit the Consulate as well as the students who require passports for emergency purposes. Kindly be noted that the applications for enrolment of MRP re-issue will be received by the Consulate until 31 August 2023.
The operation of the e-passport service will continue as before. As the E-passport has the option of having 10 (ten) years’ validity, the applicants are encouraged to apply for an e-passport unless they are unable to come to the Consulate due to unavoidable reasons.
Those who are able to come in person to the Consulate are advised to apply for an e-passport.
1. Duly filled-in MRP Re-issue Application Form (any change from previous passport must be clearly written in the table of correction in the Form).
2. Most recent Bangladeshi Machine Readable (MRP) passport (original passport) and its photocopy (Photo and Information Pages only). If the most recent MRP is lost, you are required to attach GD/police report containing the number of the lost passport. Original passport will be returned along with the reissued passport. If you want to get it back after the enrolment without waiting till the reissue of passport, please provide an additional prepaid, self-addressed return envelope of USPS with a brief note of request.
3. Recent one copy passport-sized photo of the applicant (please attach with glue on the top left corner of the Form). Applicant under 15 years of old must add his/her father’s and mother’s one copy passport-sized photo (please attach with glue on the top right corner of the Form).
4. Copy of Bangladeshi NID or Birth Registration Certificate.
5. Copy of Dual Nationality Certificate issued by the Government of Bangladesh (if you are a US citizen);
6. Copy of legal status, e.g. valid visa, permanent resident card, or a notarized affidavit that you are not a US citizen;
7. Copy of marriage/divorce certificate (if you want to add or change marital status/spouse name);
8. Relevant supporting document (Academic Certificate/PR Card/Job ID/Student ID/Driving License, etc.), if there is any change in data from the most recent MRP; and
9. Fee: Payable to the “Consulate General of Bangladesh, Los Angeles’’; Cash or Personal check or Credit card is not accepted.
(a) Regular: US$ 110 Money Order/Cashier’s Check/Official Check (Expected processing time 60-working days);
(b) Express: US$ 220 Money Order/Cashier’s Check/Official Check (Expected processing time 45-working days).
(NB: Processing time may vary depending on the merit of individual cases)