Applying for Machine Readable Passport (MRP) for the first time from Handwritten Passport
Attention: Click the online application form for first time: //www.passport.gov.bd/
Physical presence at the Consulate is mandatory for biometric signature, photo and fingerprint of the applicant to apply for first time MRP (Passport) along with the following requirement:
1. Wearing a mask is mandatory for the applicant during walk-in service at the Consulate;
2. Duly fill out the Online Application Form without using any symbols (,-/ : etc.) for Machine Readable Passport (MRP) and bring the printout of the said form with barcode;
3. Applicants must provide their email address on the application form to get updates of the applications;
4. Attach expired last handwritten Bangladesh passport (original passport) and its photocopy (1-5 Pages only);
5. Attach a passport size colour photograph (using glue on the box of top left corner of the form) with white background taken within the last six months;
6. Copy of National Identification Card (NID) or Bangladeshi digital Birth Registration Certificate with 17-digit;
7. Attach copy of proof of valid residency (valid Visa/Green Card etc.) in the USA. US State ID or Driving License will not be considered as Proof of Valid Residency;
8. If applicable please attach a photocopy of Marriage Certificate/ Divorce Certificate/Death Certificate/Foreign Passport/Professional/Technical Certificate (Doctor, Engineer, Driver, etc.);
9. Proof of non-US citizen or any foreign national (Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or Work Permit or I-20 or Valid Visa Page etc.).
10. Bangladeshi American Citizen, who holds Dual Nationality (Bangladesh & America), must attach photocopies of his/her Dual Citizenship Certificate and US Passport;
11. If applicant is under 15 years of age must add his/her parents’ passport size color photo 1 copy of each. (Attach with glue on the boxes of top right corner of the form);
12. Handwritten/PDF completed/incomplete or incorrect application is not acceptable;
13. If you are looking for MRP Re-issue/Renewal please browse this page.
14. Fees: Pay to the “Consulate General of Bangladesh in Los Angeles’’. Cash, Credit Card or Personal check are not accepted;
a) Regular: US$ 110 Money Order/Bank Cashier’s Check (Expected processing time 60-working days);
b) Express: US$ 220 Money Order/Bank Cashier’s Check (Expected processing time 45-working days);
(In some cases, processing time may take longer than usual)
NB: Issuance of MRP against lost passport or expired passport (if more than 12 years) requires additional police verification. As such, the Consulate General of Bangladesh is unable to indicate any particular timeframe as those depend on receiving the police verification reports. Please keep in mind, the Consulate only enrolls the applications and passports are printed in Dhaka. When passports come to the Consulate, the authority activate those online and then give those to the applicants if suitable for use.
Postal mailing service is not applicable for first time MRP applicant. The applicant must include a self-addressed return envelope with proper postage and tracking number of USPS Priority/Express Mail for getting back the passport by mail. The authority will not accept a return envelope unless it is Priority/Express Mail with proper postage and tracking number of the United States Postal Service (USPS);
Receiving & Distribution Time: Applicants for Passport will be able to submit their applications to the front desk of the Consulate between 10am to 1pm, Monday to Friday, except holidays. Distribution time for Passport: 2pm to 3pm.
For further enquiry: Tel: 323-932-0100